Ottawa South , ON
Young Drivers Ottawa South Driving School
Defensive Driving Techniques Increase Confidence at our Ottawa Driving School
Young Drivers of Canada's Ottawa South location has driving instructors that understand the difficulties that you will face while driving in Ottawa. Our defensive driving school will prepare you for everything that you need to know such as parallel parking, 3-point turns, hill parking, traffic, congestion, roundabouts, highway and freeway driving. We will teach you how to drive with safe driving practices to provide you with the confidence to drive defensively and pass your road test. We will teach you to drive safely and confidently using our Collisionfree!™ Approach. Only YD teaches new drivers to drive using the 4 habits and 20 sub-habits to see all potential dangers on the road and reduce the risk of collisions. Our driver's ed program can assist you in passing your road test to get your drivers license. As Canada's top driving school, we believe that your driving lessons have to include defensive driving maneuvers and techniques to keep you in control of your car at all times. Only Young Drivers driving instructors are specifically trained to teach:
- risk perception
- gravel shoulder recovery
- head-on collision avoidance
- threshold/ABS braking
- emergency braking
- brake and avoid techniques
- rear crash avoidance
Your lessons will progress based on your ability and skills (competency-based education). At Young Drivers we will:
- start you in a parking lot
- show you how all of the controls work in the car such as how to set up your mirrors properly, where the blind spots are in the car, etc.
- backing and steering exercises to make sure you know how to control the car
- hand over hand exercises to make sure you know how to steer properly
- creeping exercises to teach you how to control the speed of your car for 3 point turns, parallel parks, etc.
- progress to side streets when you are ready/comfortable
- right and left-hand turns
- right of way at intersections
- curb judgement
- progress to busier roads and one-way streets
- freeway driving
- downtown driving
We space the lessons out so that you can get practice in between each lesson since practice is how you get good at any skill. This re-enforces what we teach. G1 license holders will be eligible to take their road test in 8 months instead of 12 months upon successful completion of the Young Drivers of Canada program.
No Other Ottawa Driving School Offers Better Insurance Savings
Qualified Young Drivers Ottawa South driving school graduates can also benefit from a potential reduction in insurance premiums. No other Ottawa driving school can offer a better insurance discount.